United States Embassy Job Recruitment (Employees of Mission) for SSCE/Diploma holders is ongoing. APPLY BELOW
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Assistant – Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs
- Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-021
- Location: Abuja, NI
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
- Series/Grade: FP – 1805 7
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Promotion Potential: FP-7Overview
- Hiring Path:Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S.Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- With technical guidance from Information Management Specialists, the incumbent will assist the Information Management Office (IMO) in daily Information Resource Management (IRM) operations.
- The primary duties will be assisting users with account configuration, basic system administration functions such as password resets, intranet website updates, systems training.
- S/he assists with unclassified pouch operations and is responsible for ensuring the emergency radio inventory is up to date and properly documented.
- Incumbent provides radio training to embassy personnel and families new to post. Additionally, s/he ensures the program asset inventory is up to date and properly documented in the Information Logistics Management System (ILMS).
Qualifications and Evaluation/Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with computer system including Microsoft Office is required
- Understanding of Windows 2007 professional and Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, as well as understanding of Department of State and overseas mission management and administration is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in English Language
- Skills And Abilities:
- Good analytical, communication and customer service skills are required. Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight(8) Qualities of Overseas Employees(PDF) before you apply.
- NGN N6,382,404 / USD $37,680 per annum.
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2020.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.