Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Location: Lagos
- Type: Full Time
An ideal role for someone who can manage and supervise the provision of a cost-effective, efficient, safe, and reliable medical laboratory service to enhance the health of SNEPCO workforce and dependents.
Where you fit in:
- To coordinate, manage, and provide laboratory services and ensure timely release of reports for effective patient management. Initiate further investigations for patients when necessary
- To formulate lab HSE and procedure guides, including developing lab contractor HSE plan
- Liaises with PPO and 3rd party facilities and professional bodies for professional service, mortuary and autopsy service, standards and accreditation
- Ensures laboratory practice conforms to WHO standards, thus enhancing a healthy workforce
- Solely responsible for all laboratory activities validates all reports before issue & and advises HSHL on lab matters
- Appraises staff/trainees and maps out their competence development needs to enhance performance
- Contract holder for Shell Health Lagos equipment maintenance. Manages contractors for the effective maintenance of medical equipment. Sources for and evaluates equipment and reagent before the purchase in compliance with business ethics
- Partakes in an international quality assurance scheme (RIQAS) on samples and equipment to ensure the accuracy of reports. It also runs intra-lab quality control with sister companies. Provides epidemiological and periodic statistics for use in quarterly business reviews. Coordinates departmental equipment safety audit
- Plans and ensures HSE training for lab staff
- Provides material safety data sheets (MSDS) for all laboratory chemicals and reagents
- Ensures infection prevention and control practices are assured in the clinic and supporting areas
What we expect from you:
- Managing equipment maintenance contract to ensure proper functioning, keeping reagents in a fit and ready state and validating them for quality
- Zero error in laboratory investigations and zero fatality due to laboratory errors
- Ensuring that our standards and facilities meet with WHO & international standards and keeping abreast with current diagnostic advances for the benefit of patients
- Minimizing patients’ transit time and ensuring timely release of results despite increasing workload
- Ensuring that lab results are accurate and precise and reflect the best within acceptable standards
- Ensure audit items are tracked and closed out
- Ensure that the department does not fail local and international certification audits
- Prevent lost time injuries by ensuring people work safely in the lab
- Trained in Total Quality Management System
- Experience in a medical laboratory and hospital information management software
- Experience in laboratory supervision of at least 2 years
- Exposure to external quality assurance programs
- Relevant experience in medical lab instrumentation
- Experience in troubleshooting as well as equipment calibration and validation
- Previous participation in international lab accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of occupational health-related laboratory operations, particularly within the oil industry, will be an advantage
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control is required
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Eligible and interested candidates should