NIMC Recruitment 2020: NIMC Recruitment 2020 Application Portal opens. Apply for NIMC Recruitment 2020 via the NIMC Official Recruitment Portal. The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the World Bank, French Development Agency (AFD) & European Investment Bank (ETB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to increase the number of persons with a National II) number, which would he issued by a robust and inclusive foundational ID system to facilitate improved access to public services.
- The National identity Management Commission (NIMC) – based in Abuja is responsible for the implementation of the Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project. The project is comprised of four components: (1) Strengthen the Legal and Institutional Framework (2) Establish a Robust and Inclusive Foundational ID System (3) Enable Access to Services through. IDs and (4) Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement. The governance arrangements for project implementation consist of three structures: (a) Project Ecosystem Steering Committee (PESC); (b) Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU); and (c) the Project implementation Unit (PIU).
Applications are invited from interested Public / Civil Servants and individual consultants (private sector) for the following positions below:
1). National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) – Project Implementation Unit (PIU) – 14 Positions
Objectives of the Assignment:
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) situated in NIMC, will oversee the project implementation, of Component 2, 3 and 4, namely, (i) regulate data collection for foundation ID (ii) regulate ID credential offerings and (iii) project management and coordination of the Nigerian ID ecosystem in collaboration with the Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit, located at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
- The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the PIU and is by this notice inviting candidates who may be (1) qualified public/civil servants within the Federal Public/Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants/technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for the position listed above.
2). National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) – Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU) – 5 Positions
Objectives of the Assignment / Overview
- The Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU) situated in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), will oversee the implementation of Component 1 (Legal and Regulatory Framework for the ID ecosystem) and certain elements in Components 2, 3 and 4 of the project. The responsibilities of the ECSU will include: (i) leading the reforms of the Legal and Regulatory Framework for the ID ecosystem; (ii) developing, executing and managing broad-based communication and awareness around enrolment and harmonization of the digital ID; and (iii) monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the broader ID ecosystem (iv) third party monitoring and (v) social accountability
- The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the ECSU and is by this notice inviting candidates who may be (1) qualified public / civil servants within the Federal Public / Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants / technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for the above position.