International Alert Recruitment For Volunteers 2020. APPLY NOW via the International Alert job portal. International Alert is one of the world’s leading peace-building organisations, with over 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace.
Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peace-building; and to strengthen the peace-building sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Volunteer
- Locations: Bauchi, Benue
- The Volunteer will provide support to the implementation and monitoring of this project, implemented in 4 Local Governments each and State Capitals of Bauchi and Benue States respectively.
- The Volunteer will support implementation of activities at sites in collaboration with stakeholders and according to the project workplan.
- S/he will support the collection of quantitative and qualitative data and produce reports on activities, as well as support the planning and management of project events.
- The position reports to the State Manager.
- Support project implementation and report compilation
- Take notes and/or rapporteur at all events hosted or attended by the State office.
- Providing weekly reports of activities with support from the PMEO.
- Provide first-line liaison with local CSOs in the State.
- Any other reasonable activities as determined by the line manager
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in relevant field or 1 year of equivalent experience with Local CSO/NGO.
- At least 1 year of work / volunteer experience with CSO coupled with understanding of local contexts and realities.
- Good writing skills and good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security environment
- Willingness to travel regularly to rural locations.
- Experience working on gender, conflict and peacebuilding.
- Experience working in the state would be a strong advantage
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Language Requirements:
- English fluency (oral and written)
- Knowledge of local languages such as Hausa, Fulani, Idoma and Tiv would be an advantage. Being a Hausa (for Bauchi) and Idoma (for Benue) speaking person is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2020; 5:00pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a CV of maximum 3 pages and a Cover Letter not exceeding 1 page to: email@example.com (For Benue Applicants) and firstname.lastname@example.org (For Bauchi Applicants).