GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) – A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
We are recruiting:
- Location: Lagos
The role primarily supports the Nigeria Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines businesses and provides corporate synergy for the Consumer Healthcare business in Nigeria as well as PSC.
- Establish solid connection and communication with respective Rx, Cx, and PSC Regional CGA teams and Global CGA stakeholders as appropriate
- Establish and maintain solid relationships and communication with the GSK Consumer PLC Shareholders.
- Provides communications expertise and implementation based on an expert understanding of the local external and internal environment
- Protects and maintains the reputation of GSK as a whole and serves as an ambassador for the GSK brand
- Maximizes the performance of Rx and Cx brands through the brilliant delivery of integrated earned media campaigns, either in-house or via external agencies
- Drives performance through engagement, attraction and retention of employees
- Under the guidance of the CGA Director, supports the GM and their leadership team as appropriate on key projects requiring strategic communications input and government engagement.
- Provides timely and valuable information that supports the GSK strategic priorities.
- Works to highlight GSK’s initiatives in building trust with external stakeholders.
- Areas of focus are Corporate Responsibility and Community Partnerships, Employee Engagement, Media Relations, Product Communications support, Crisis/Issues Management and Government Affairs.
Media Relations Responsibilities
- Supports GSK’s reputation through effective, proactive and reactive management of media issues.
- Protects our reputation by flagging issues early and managing them effectively. Support others to do same.
- Provides a comprehensive media monitoring, analysis and distribution service.
- Responsible for facilitating media training and managing media policies.
- Reputation and Media stakeholder management
- Demonstrates that GSK Nigeria understands its stakeholder expectations, and these are factored into business planning and operations.
- Positions GSK Nigeria as a leading provider of healthcare solutions.
- Provides advice on strategic stakeholder communications
- Provides the business with research-based evidence to inform strategic reputation decision-making.
- Corporate Brand Integrity & Support
- Protects and build the value of the GSK brand by managing its integrity both internally and externally.
- Internal Communications & Engagement
- Supports the business in ensuring major change projects are effective, with GSK Nigeria’s people are informed and closely engaged
- Maintains a set of effective employee communication tools, e.g. All-Hands Meeting, e-Newsletter, Workplace and organization comms
- Community Activity Programme
- Builds recognition that GSK is a responsible corporate citizen that is actively involved in the Nigerian community.
- Ensures the community activity programmes is managed and communicated to maximise the reputation value to external and internal stakeholders.
- Manages the global GSK Community Council, including promotion of Orange Day, PULSE and Orange United.
- Crisis / Issues Management
- Provides a framework and maintains rapid and consistent flow of reliable information, both within the company and externally, to ensure that issues are fully addressed and aid a smooth return to normal operations as soon as possible.
Government & Stakeholder Engagement
- Maintain strategic stakeholder mapping for relevant sectors impacting the GSK business
- Maintain GSK engagement and relationships with key government stakeholders as directed by the CGA Director.
- Lead the planning for selected GSK meetings with key stakeholders.
Accountability and Complexity
- Simultaneously manage numerous concurrent projects, not all of which will be in the role holder’s control i.e. corporate reputation and issues management (this will require a constant reassessment of priorities and the ability to remain focused on outputs that deliver a clear business benefit)
- Interface with a high number of stakeholders, both external e.g. media, government departments, regulatory bodies, etc and internal. In a highly-matrix and complex environment, strong, positive relationships need to be fostered within the Cx, Rx businesses and wider GSK organization across a range of functions including, but not limited to, Legal & Compliance, Medical, Regulatory, Government Affairs, Consumer Relations, Investor Relations and Global Media. The broad nature of the role requires matrix working on nearly all projects
- Operate in an environment with a high degree of change that is fast-paced, requiring resilience and flexibility
- The role not only needs to support the development and implementation of the Area communications strategy but also to manage resources efficiently and engage various teams/functions smoothly to implement programs and projects to execute the defined strategy
- High energy, good personal credibility, strong communication skills and the ability to operate in an often-high-pressure environment are therefore essential
- Relationship with government agencies, shareholders, and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills – written and spoken are extremely important
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Communications or Government Affairs roles
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- The role requires very strong communications expertise and experience (Verbal & Written skills)
- Communications generalist with extensive experience of all corporate disciplines and a track record of working across digital platforms
- Strategic thinker with potential to devise and deliver long term, complex internal and external communication projects involving diverse businesses, functions and cultures across a variety of markets
- Ability to operate in a challenging media and stakeholder environment with proven ability to communicate confidently with national and broadcast media (traditional and digital) on consumer issues
- Proven issues management/crisis competency with the ability to operate calmly and effectively under pressure and deliver communications needs against tight time frames; must demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making skills and be able to deal with ambiguity and handle sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the personal and professional authority and credibility to influence and advise senior management and operate across all hierarchies; leadership potential
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage PR agencies or other Agencies.
- Understand the fundamentals of engaging key Government stakeholders
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Eligible and interested candidates should
Click Here to Apply Online